- Content: 8 Week Interactive Online Programme
- Skill level: All levels
- CPD Points: 12 ( inc meditations)
- Material delivered by weekly email
- Lifetime access to emails
- Access to class Learning Management System
- Experienced guiding teacher online to guide your practice
- Podcast with an introduction on ‘How to introduce Mindfulness into your work environment’
- Available on IOS and Android
- Certificate of completion
You will receive an 8 week online MBSR programme for Health and Social Care Professionals. This will include 8 weeks of content grounded in science to include video, a guiding teacher to answer your queries, inclusion on our Discussion Forum with like minded individuals, research reports, assignments and a podcast at the end of the course with an introduction to Mindfulness in your professional practice/context.
An extensive body of academic research supports the benefits of mindfulness practice for mental performance, emotional wellbeing, physical health and more. Recent developments from the field of neuroscience show that mindfulness practice produces positive changes in the structure and functioning of the brain
What are the requirements?
- It is important for you to be able to find the time to do the meditations every day in order to experience the benefits
- A quiet place where you can just ‘be’ so that you can perform the meditations
- In order to participate fully in the course, 4 hours of your time per week is required.
- You are required to submit 3 short assignments during the course to receive your certificate of completion.
- Please note: This course can be viewed as a pre-requisite to the MBCT Teacher Training Diploma.
- Introduction to Mindfulness, Concentration, Insight
- Bringing the Mind home to the Body, Neuroscience
- Exploring Physical and Mental limits, Positivity Ratio, Neuroplasticity
- The Negativity Bias, the Limbic System, the ABC model of Emotions
- Exploring Difficulty
- Exploring Identity, Cultivating Compassion
- Positive Psychology and Gratitude, Depleting and Nourishing activities
- Our Belief System, Addiction, Integrating Mindfulness into your life