Is there a demand for MBCT Teachers?
The World Health Organisation recently stated that by 2030, mental health issues will form the biggest burden on health care resources including heart conditions and cancer. Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT) is recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (Nice) for preventing relapse in patients with recurrent depression, and is successful in half of all cases. Such findings have been backed up by neuroscience. MBCT is becoming a treatment of choice for prevention of recurrent depression in the UK National Health Service. More recent work has led to major breakthroughs in understanding how mindfulness can reduce suicidality in depression, emotional turbulence in bipolar disorder and serious health anxiety.
- Explore the relationship between mindfulness and recovery from stress
- Develop familiarity with the theory underpinning the mindfulness-based intervention
- Learn introductory teaching skills in the Foundation course
- Learn experientially how to teach short practices and the basic standard meditations including sitting, body scan, mindful movement and mindful walking.
- Develop a safe and effective mindfulness teaching practice
- Connect with others sharing an interest to teach mindfulness
- Lead guided practices and enquiry with fellow participants in a safe& supportive environment
- Practice giving and receiving feedback in your group with the support of the guiding tutor
- Expand on your teaching and inquiry skills and prepare teaching the 8 Week MBSR/MBCT
- Explore and reflect on the necessary skills for developing safe and effective teaching methods
Other areas covered by the course:
- A template in digital format on how to record reflections on learning and experience of formal/informal practice will be provided
- Notes to support creating trainee’s own course manual
- The practice of Compassion in the context of Mindfulness training
- Differences between teaching MBSR and MBCT
- A self-assessment guide on teaching practice
- Online material to facilitate and guide trainees’ further development
- Input on working with groups
- Assessing client suitability for an MBSR/MBCT course
- An exploration of how mindfulness impacts on relationships
- Video/audio recording to facilitate individual/group learning
What to expect during the programme ?
The main focus of this Programme will be on developing sound teaching skills in: teaching basic meditation practices in the Foundation Level, and teaching MBSR& MBCT in Level 1. Both parts of the training will also focus on facilitating group inquiry and dialogue.
During the course you will intensively practice the main exercises of the programme, as well as self-reflecting on the meditation homework (e.g. body scan, mindful movement including gentle yoga/Qi Gong, sitting and walking meditation).
The live online training sessions are largely interactive and experiential, and you will be required to demonstrate teaching skills in small groups and discuss your experiences with one another.
This training programme will facilitate the deepening of your personal mindfulness practice. A teacher’s embodiment of mindfulness is integral to teaching a mindfulness-based approach and we focus on looking at and working with all the aspects of this.
We support you in sharing your experiences with your colleagues online once the training program is finished because this can be an important resource for you to discuss your future work as a teacher.
This Teacher Training Programme – Foundation& Level 1 together – will fully prepare you to teach MBSR and MBCT. The practically oriented online learning modules, combined with the live-online mentoring by an experienced teacher, as well as the nurturing of one’s own meditation practice, build an approach that has been shown to be highly effective and supportive for trainee teachers.”
Why are we different ?
The reason our training programme is so successful is because we have responded to people’s requirements to have a flexible, convenient and cost effective MBSR& MBCT training programme while not compromising on teaching and support. Our world class learning management system facilitates the teaching of this programme in a highly effective way through the live-online format with experienced and inspiring Mindfulness trainers. Embarking on this course, you will achieve positive transformation in your life and that of your patients/clients.
Our trainers adhere to the Good Practice Guidelines for Trainers and we encourage the teachers we train to adhere to the Good Practice Guidelines for Teachers.
Foundation Course Fee: $ 2533
A non refundable deposit of $985 is payable on acceptance onto the training. The balance can be paid in full before the start of the training. Payment can also be made in two remaining installments prior to the start date of the course.
The number of students on this course is restricted to 12 to ensure best results. Course applications are welcomed through the completion of the online application form below. On receipt of this application form a screening process will take place. If successful at this stage, applicants will be invited to attend a Skype interview. Attendance at interview does not imply acceptance on the course. Apply early to avoid disappointment.
ONLY THOSE WHO SATISFY THE PRE-REQUISITES OF THE PROGRAMME WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Level 1 is highly experiential and intended to equip the participants with the up to date theory and practical skills necessary for their development as mindfulness trainers. The teaching modules follow the standard 8 week MBSR and MBCT Curriculum. There is a strong focus on the participants developing practical and hands-on experience in delivering meditation practices and inquiry through small group practices, mindful feedback, and reflection.
The participants will have opportunities to experience how deepening of one’s meditation practice adds to the foundation for teaching others and the necessity of creating a safe and ethical teaching context.
Another important aspect covered by the Programme will be “Sitting in the participant’s seat”, developing perspectives on how your course participants might experience the teaching.
Therefore it is essential that the participants maintain a regular meditation practice throughout the programme and embody mindfulness and compassion so that they practice what they teach. An appreciation of the self-directed and shared learning on an online teaching environment is important.
Level 1 Course Fee: $3313
A non refundable deposit of $ 975 is payable on acceptance onto the training. The balance can be paid in full before the start of the training. Payment can also be made in two remaining installments prior to the start date of the course.